Regional Conference: Criminal Liability of Police Officers in the Western Balkans
The regional POINTPULSE network of civil society organizations and Regional Anti-Corruption Initiative (RAI) organized a conference titled “Criminal Liability of Police Officers in the Western Balkans”. The conference took place on 21 December 2017 in Belgrade.
Members of the regional POINTPULSE network, representative of RAI, police professionals and prosecutors discussed following issues:
- What are the results of criminal investigations of police illegal behavior?
- Are the results of criminal investigations good enough?
- What is the quality of cooperation between the internal control and prosecution?
- Is independence of each other an issue or not in a criminal investigation?
- What are the Regional Anti-Corruption priorities in the field of police integrity?
- How are priorities in starting criminal investigations determined?
- How to improve the criminal liability of police officers?
Magdalena Lembovska represented Analytica at the conference where she discussed main challenges for ensuring criminal liability of police officers in Macedonia.
During the second panel of the conference, have shared their experiences in the criminal prosecution of the police officers. Representatives of the Macedonian Ministry of Interior and the Special Public Prosecution also had presentations at the conference.
The conference marked the finalization of the third year of the project “Western Balkans Pulse for Police Integrity and Trust”.