Aiming to build a network of young researchers who have an interest in the Balkan (SEE) region, Analytica launched its internship program, providing an opportunity to visit, reside and conduct research in Macedonia and the wider region. The research interns spend from three till six months, doing research and actively participating in the work of Analytica, while also gaining hands-on experience of the region and skills in think-tank work. After the completion of their internship, research interns remain part of Analytica`s community and future cooperation on various projects is encouraged.
The program primarily focus on a residential type of internship which enables research interns to be based in Skopje, Macedonia and utilize all the resources of Analytica, including office supplies, information and resources needed for research, links and contacts for interviews and other means of data collection.
Areas of research
The areas of research and work for the research interns are in line with Analytica’s research programs and ongoing projects.
Some of the obligations of research interns during their residence in the office of Analytica are as follows:
- Working on ongoing projects of Analytica
- Gathering data, doing desktop and field research
- Assisting the research fellows and other members in their work
- Providing logistical support in organization of different events of Analytica
- Administrative tasks as translating, proofreading etc.
- Working hours: 30-40 hours/ week
Funding and support
There will be limited funds available for research interns.