POINTPULSE conference “Fighting Police Corruption: Legal Solutions and Best Practices”
The POINTPULSE organized a conference "Fighting Police Corruption: Legal Solutions and Best Practices", held on 1 June 2017 in Hotel Ramada, Podgorica, Montenegro.
The aims of the conference were encouraging public discussion on the Draft Law on Internal Affairs in Montenegro and improve the area of police integrity through discussing legal solutions and best practices from the region.
Questions addressed at the event:
- What legal international standards of police integrity good Law on Internal Affairs must have?
- Whether the Draft Law on Internal Affairs in Montenegro is good enough for fighting police corruption?
- What are the best legal solutions in the Western Balkans for fighting police corruption?
- Are there any new innovative solutions to reduce police corruption?
- What are the results of the fight against police corruption in the Western Balkans?
- Tomislav Curic, Regional Anti-corruption Initiative, Sarajevo
- Magdalena Lembovska from Analytica, Skopje
- Sofija Mandic from Belgrade Centre for Security Policy, Belgrade
- Mirela Hodovic from Centre for Security Studies, Sarajevo
- Dina Bajramspahic from Institute Alternative, Podgorica
- Besjana Kuci from Institute for Democracy and Mediation, Tirana
- Plator Avdiu from Kosovar Centre for Security Studies, Pristine
- Slobodan Georgiev, Balkan Investigative Reporting Network, Belgrade